FC12 system-config-display problems

networks1 at cox.net networks1 at cox.net
Sat Jan 16 16:59:53 UTC 2010

I have a new FC12 installation and I'm trying to adjust the display settings.  When I clicked system > administration > display in GNOME, nothing happened.  I tried to start it from the command line and got

[root at mythtv ~]# system-config-display
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-display/xconf.py", line 378, in <module>
    dialog = xConfigDialog.XConfigDialog(hardware_state, xconfig, videocard.VideoCardInfo())
  File "/usr/share/system-config-display/xConfigDialog.py", line 640, in __init__
    if len(self.xconfig.layout[0].adjacencies) > 1:
IndexError: index out-of-bounds

I found a thread here about it http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-list/2009-12/msg00426.html That said to install kudzu, so I did and no help.  It also suggested it might be an environment variable problem, so I followed the suggested settings

[root at mythtv ~]# env | grep DESK
IMSETTINGS_INTEGRATE_DESKTOP=yes
DESKTOP_SESSION=xfce4

But I am still getting the index out of bounds error.  What to do?

Thanks,

Steve