Can I use Windows key as middle mouse button?

Dale Dellutri daledellutri at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 02:02:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Mikkel <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:

> On 01/21/2010 02:53 PM, Tim wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 13:55 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> >> I've always wanted to take some of the useless excess keys
> >> and define them as
> >   ...[more useful things]...
> >
> > Same here, like the proper punctuation I want to use in writing
> > documentation, instead of having to do strange (unmemorable) key
> > combinations or trawl through unsearchable character maps.
> >
> While the Windows key does not do anything by itself, it can be
> used. It is a modifier key, like shift, ctrl or alt. (It is mapped
> as modifier 4.) So you could use it is setting up more memorable key
> combinations.

Since it is a modifier key, how would I set it up in Gnome so that holding
down the Windows key and left clicking simulates a middle click.

(In Firefox, ctrl-left-click opens a link in a new tab, but that's only in
Firefox.  I'd like to set Windows-left-click = middle-click all through
Gnome.)

--
Dale Dellutri