serial8250: too much work for irq18

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Jan 26 18:48:12 UTC 2010

On 01/23/2010 04:33 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear fellow users,
>
> I have a problem with the message in the title. When I run
> dmesg, I see that. My machine does not have a serial port and it spits out
> that message when I run dmesg. Is there any way I can blacklist the
> serial driver from loading?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Antonio

I would file a bug report on it. You should not have to do anything.

Now, as far as blacklisting modules, it is fairly easy. You creeate
a file blacklist-<something>.conf on /etc/modprobe.d containing the
module(s) to be blacklisted. (See blacklist-visor.conf for an
example.) The problem you are going to run into is that I believe
the serial driver is built into the kernel, and not a module.

Mikkel
--
      I didn't lose my mind,
I backed it up before I shut it down.