F11 consistent failure to boot after install.

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Tue Jan 26 22:28:30 UTC 2010

I have not seen this mentioned on this list, but I have just finished
installing
F11 on 5 machines, and these range from an old Pentium 2, up thru a Core2 duo.

In every case, after doing a clean install, the installed image failed to boot
This failure is before any of the grub messages, so it seems to be a bad boot
block.
After a couple of hours of screwing around (sometimes installing an earlier OS
in another partition) I have finally got the damn thing to boot, but I have
NOT seen this problem mentioned on this list.

Is this a known problem?
Is there any simple solution?
--
                                        Reg.Clemens