[SOLVED] Re: Weird mail - what's going on?

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 22:56:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Tony Nelson
<tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:

> Someone or something, possibly you, used the "mail" (or "mailx")
> command to send an email to "your at emailaddress.com", with the subject
> "Photos".  The address appears to be a default that should be filled in
> with a real address.  This would have happened about 4 hours before you
> got the local mail notification.  Think back to what you were doing
> then.  Perhaps you tried some new software?

aahhhh.... thanks for planting me firmly on the ground again. Yes, a
few hours ago I pressed a wrong hot key in gthumb. Looking back into
gthumb and what the key does... you guessed it... sends the photo to
your at emailaddress.com with the subject Photos.

Thanks again,

Peter