several issues with F12

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:02:29 UTC 2010

After the latest updates I'm seeing a few issues:

1) When I login the time it takes to discover that a network connection
exists is very slow.  The problem is that if you configure your account to
have firefox automatically start up when it finally does it all tabs you
have sdetup come up in offline mode.  You have to explicitly retry each tab
to connect.

2) When I create a new user and login as that user none of the desktop icons
show up.  When I logout I get an alert saying that the file manager is not
responding.  The existing user account works just fine.

3) I wanted to play around with orca.  When I first started it up by hand I
got the following messages:

** (orca:16930): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowState' as
flags when in fact it is of type 'GEnum'

** (orca:16930): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowActions' as
flags when in fact it is of type 'GEnum'

** (orca:16930): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype
'WnckWindowMoveResizeMask' as flags when in fact it is of type 'GEnum'

There were 2 windows present, one saying screen reader the other orca
preferences.  After about 2 minutes both windows disappeared and a message
was displayed which indicated that it timed out because something was hung
and it aborted.  When I tried again from a terminal window the same warnings
came out and then orca began to prompt for preferences.

4) I have snort running and I get lots of selinux alerts.  There are
existing bugs for the alerts.  When I click on the FAQ link in the selinux
alert window (in the show full error report section) it tries to access
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc5/#id2961385, but it never
completes and firefox indicates it timed out.  Even trying to connect to
fedora.redhat.com times out.  No firewall rules are in play and I can access
redhat.com (209.132.183.81).

Paolo